Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthday

Well the day finally arrived and wow what a night and day it was! Chloe started delivering her pups at 9:26 pm and they kept coming about every 20 minutes. We had two right in a row at 10:40 and by midnight we had 8 puppies! It was such a neat experience for all of us. My dear friend Erika came over and helped as she is the puppy expert. =o) I am so grateful for her! She spent the night before in the hospital with kidney stones and was/and still is in the process of passing them and she stayed with us till 3am! What a trooper! We would have a smaller litter if it was not for her quick thinking. Chloe did such a good job, but she became really tired. She stalled for 3 hours and we ended up taking her into the vet. They gave her puppy petocin and she gave birth to two more puppies a boy and a girl. We then tried 3 more doses of meds because the x-ray the vet had taken looked like we were still waiting for 2 more pups. We ended up doing a c-section and found one more puppy. Cassie and I took the 10 pups home and Eric stayed and helped the vet litterally. He was the assistant for the procedure and Cassie was very jealous. She wanted to stay but felt it was her job to look after the puppies. It was a very long night and morning! I am so grateful to Eric for all that he does and I love him so much. Chloe and the puppies are all doing well, knowing that their brother (number 11 aka Heaven) is in heaven. We are sad that we lost him, yet so grateful that Chloe came through it all. We will be posting more pictures soon!



This was her first puppy that she had to deliver right next to my bed and not in her whelping box.

This was the runt that we would have lost if it was not for my super neighbor doctor friend who saved the life of this puppy! Yea Erika!





Proud Mama and her beautiful puppies!

I love my Mama!!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzz I didn't know I would be this tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment